Mediation enables you to discuss the arrangements for your finances/property and the arrangements for your children when you are separating or have already separated.
When emotions are running high, it can be very difficult to reach an agreement, or even to discuss such important issues, without some help.
Family Mediators are professionally trained to manage and support constructive discussions, and to do so in an entirely impartial and non-judgemental way.
Feeling overwhelmed / worried about your future?
The thought of sitting down with your former partner to make important decisions about your future, may feel uncomfortable or worrying.
The Mediation Process
I am here to guide you through the process, ensuring that you each take part equally, and that the focus remains on the issues that you wish to resolve, in the order of priority set by each of you.
Deciding whether Mediation is right for you
- +Mediation is voluntary
- Mediation is voluntary and because you choose to come into Mediation, the decisions you make are far more likely to be lasting compared to a decision that might be imposed upon you by the court.
- +Mediation is confidential
- Mediation is confidential and provides a space where you can both discuss options and explore the issues that you have, in order to come to an agreement.
- +Proven to work better for families
- Mediation is proven to work better for families by reducing the stress, conflict and emotional cost that often occurs when couples communicate via solicitors or go to court.
- +Avoid the high financial cost of court
- Mediation will enable you to avoid the high financial cost of court proceedings. Family Mediation is much less expensive than court costs and is also usually quicker
- +Stay in control of the decisions
- Mediation enables you to stay in control of the decisions. Court outcomes can be uncertain and sometimes feel arbitrary whereas a Family Mediator will help you to find solutions that work for you and your family
I strongly believe that the court should be the last option for resolving family matters. I believe that, at this difficult time, you should be supported to make your own decisions about how finances can be re-organised and, if children are involved, what those arrangements should look like. You, as parents, are the experts on your children and you are therefore the most knowledgeable about how to best meet your children’s needs.
You will be supported by me, to work together, to find the best solutions for you both, and for your children (if you have them). I am committed to help you achieve long term solutions that suit your individual needs.
If you would like to find out more about Family Mediation or to book an Initial Meeting, please phone or email me and I will be happy to discuss this with you.